Frequently asked questions.

Frequently asked questions

Why work with us?


Good friends would describe us as "positively crazy". We work relentlessly to find the best projects, make the journey as transparent as possible and have some fun along the way. The non-profit sector is somewhat broken. The intransparency and lack of trust annoyed us so much that we went on this journey our own. We want to be radically transparent, meaning we will communicate our process and current status exactly how it is. No sugar-coating. Truthfully. Good or bad. Although, be sure that if something is not working properly yet, we want to fix it as soon as possible and offer you the best experience that we can be proud of. The climate crisis is very real and we will do all possible in our hands to make as many people as possible climate positive.




What exactly does Global Changer?


We are deloping a digital subscription platform that helps people become climate positive. Transparency first. Digital first. Therefore we are finding relevant and reliant partners for worlwide CO2 reducing projects. On the other hand, we are helping individuals and companies to choose the plan that is right for them. Monthly, you will get your report via mail on how your supported projects turned out and what extra impact you had. E.g. with most projects, local jobs are created as well. Correlating directly with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).




Where does my money go?


For the moment, we will take a maximum 10% cut from the donations. This goes directly into the software we use, marketing and salaries of our employees. It ensures that we can hire the best people and run the company in the best possible way. The rest of the 90% will go directly through our partners to CO2 reducing projects. Depending on the partner, another 5-10% for their project management will be deducted. With this approach, we are in the top group of all NGOs worldwide, if seen by money effectiveness and truthfullness.




Which projects do you fund with your help?


We categorized 5 major categories for CO2 reducing projects. In each category, we will have at least 3 worldwide projects that we will support on your behalf. In the monthly report, you will learn more on what impact you had. Those are our 5 categories: - Forest conservation & reservation - Fossil fuel switch to renewable energy - Sustainable agriculture - Sustainable and innovative mobility - Community energy and water projects. Projects are verified by the UN and certified by the WWF-initiated Gold Standard or VCS. Moreover, we will work together with South Pole, the largest independent supplier of CO2 reducing projects.




Why reduce CO2 somewhere else?


Our view is that climate change is a global problem and that the location of emission reductions is irrelevant for the planet as whole. This means that a tonne of pollution reduced with a solar project in India has the same climate effect as one ton reduced in USA. The difference between different projects and types of reductions is mainly the cost of implementation. We believe we should cut as much as possible per dollar spent.




What else can I do?


There are two ways to reduce CO2 emissions: 1. Take it out of the atmosphere 2. Avoid it getting there in the first place Each person has monthly CO2 emissions, yet alone by breathing. Depending on our lifestyle choices this varies. Most pressing on the environment are our eating habits, mobility, living space with electricity and travels. Even if you do all you can, to be fully climate positive, you need to change additionally, by supporting CO2 reducing projects.




Are you also supporting research projects?


We are not funding early research projects yet. We are looking into funding projects that have a proven system ready to scale and even have a bigger impact. We are trying to solve the issue of measuring how much impact your donation will have to reduce emissions here. With all other projects, we can guarentee a direct impact through your donation, because the measurement is verified through worldwide standards in the metrics of reduced tonnes of CO2.





Global Changer is helping companies to become climate positive with technology. We build software to lower your CO2 emissions and create a sustainable future for all.

Follow Global Changer

  • LinkedIn

© 2020 by Global Changer with love for the planet.